Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New Blog

I've finally decided to start a whole new blog. I think I've made a blog on almost every once popular blog site. Blurty was first. I think I was in 10th grade when I started that one. Then I moved on to LiveJournal. LJ provided a place to archive any 11th grade drama that occurred in my life. Some time during that year, I gravitated toward DeviantArt and posted my thoughts in that journal. After I grew bored with DA, I tried out Xanga for a while. Then, finally Myspace took over. I finally decided I would give blogspot a try. Only time will tell if this blog will go the same way as my others... abandoned and forgotten forever.

Anyway, I do want to try to keep up with this blog on a semi-regular basis. I enjoy reading old journals and old blog entries, no matter how embarassing it can sometimes be. It's a great way to see how much you've grown. I got my very first diary when I was 7 years old. From there, I can trace my thoughts through the series of journals I wrote in in elementary school to the million blogs Ive started over my years on the internet. It provides some fun times.

So enough blah blah blahing about blogs of the past. It's a new year and that means setting goals for 2009. This blog is a product of that tradition. I want to be better this year about writing down my thoughts. Goal #1 for 2009, though, is to have some kind of general plan for after graduation. Obviously, I know that plans like that can never bet set in stone, but I would like to have some idea about where I want to live, exactly what field I want to go into, and whether or not I want to go to grad school right away. This time next year, I will be done with college. Such a scary, but exciting, thought.

So that's about it for now. It will be interesting to see how many entries I actually have by January 1, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment